Thursday, July 19, 2007

And We're Off...

Today I begin the long journey to the Motherland. In about two more hours, my mom, my aunt and I will drive to Houston to catch a plane to London to catch a plane to Belgium where we will spend the night and then catch a plane to Rwanda. My cousins live in Rwanda. Not sure what all we're going to be doing when we get there, but I don't think it will be possible for it to be anything but adventurous. I have a new camera so rest assured I will be taking tons of pictures. I will try to post updates here over the next two weeks, but: a.) Electricity and running water are unreliable where I will be so I'm sure internet is even moreso and b.) I doubt I'm going to feel like sitting at a computer typing when there is going to be so much new stuff to see and do. But we'll see.

Oh! And as a side note: Anyone planning to leave the country in the next year or so who needs a passport or who needs to renew, DO IT NOW! I managed to get mine in before the rush, but Mom had to renew hers and it didn't get back in time and so we had to go to Houston and wait all day while they processed a new one for her. She had to take an extra day off from work and the weeks leading up to today were more stressful then they needed to be. Don't listen to the timeline given by the government. It won't be fast enough. One lady who works in the passport office in New Hampshire said she is going on a trip in a year and has already applied for her renewal because of how slow things have been going. Don't wait.

No comments: