Thursday, July 28, 2005

Wedding Rehearsal

Oh, my gosh! When I read these posts back, I can't help but think how boring they are. I promise I'll write something exciting soon, but in the meantime, as long as I have a few readers, I might as well keep writing. Just bear with me... it'll get better.

Well tonight was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. I get to sing in this cavernous, old, beautiful catholic church, and it is so much fun. Because there isn't a soft surface in the place, it is all echo-y and resonant and it makes me sound like I have this really big, magnificent voice. It is hard to hear the accompaniment, but who cares about the accompaniment.

Anyway, afterwards we had dinner at this nice little Italian place with an Italian name that I don't remember. I had ravioli, calimari, salad, salmon and boiled new potatoes. I like being around Diana's (the bride's) family, because they are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet and they are fun to be around.

Now I'm back in Queens at St. John's University staying with my friend Moses, who right this moment singing very loudly in the other room. I don't know the name of the song. I'm sure you care. Anyway, it's late and I'm tired, so I'll write more tomorrow if I get a chance.

Oh, yeah. Before I forget, I have a brother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It is hard to hear the accompaniment, but who cares about the accompaniment." i think that pretty much sums you up. :) - alex

Anonymous said...

Finally, I am mentioned.

Anonymous said...

i wish i had known "getting mentioned" was such an accomplishment. i could have been more excited when i was the 4th word ever in the blog. - alex