Saturday, April 07, 2007

Me, A Soccer Fan?

I got my passport and I've even got plane tickets. Looks like my first international adventure is going to be to Rwanda, Africa to visit my cousin. I can't wait. It is going to be awesome. More on that later.

Right now life seems to be consumed with High School Soccer. My alma mater, which also happens to be the school district I currently teach for, has just made it to the 4A Boys State Soccer Tournament. This is especially significant because we are a 3A school, but since there is no 3A soccer division, we have to play in a 4A division. So to get to the State Tournament, we have had to beat schools that have almost 3 times as many students as us. Besides that, we are the FIRST 3A team EVER to even make it to the tournament, so needless to say we are quite proud. Add to that the fact that my brother, also a PHS alumnus, is assistant coach for the team and you see why everything right now is revolving around soccer.

Next weekend is the tournament, so stay tuned to how it turns out.

No comments: